"Fairy tales tell, as their labels imply, Stories of magic, of creatures that fly, With giants and dragons and ogres and elves, And inanimate objects that speak for themselves, There's romance and danger and plotting of schemes, There's good guys and bad guys and some guys in-between, A fairy tale also reveals some sort of truth, The perils of choices we make in our youth."
-
Ella Enchanted

Photos from the Wyndham City Library - CBD Branch

Countdown to Christmas

Sunday, September 30, 2007

#8 RSS Feeds

I set up a Bloglines account to keep track of my sites that I want updates for. I have 15 entries in my feeds, some are of other library bloggers, there are some scrapbooking feeds, Imdb movie feed and a fun feed for up-to-date Sudoku games.

I also have an RSS link on my blog for any one who wants to add my blog to their Bloglines account, all they need to do is sign into their bloglines account, open my blog and click on the link to add me to their feeds list.

Using RSS feeds, I was able to add a weather watcher, where I chose five cities to give me up-to-date weather.

When looking up Sudoku in my Blogline searcher not only did I find it had a feed I could add to my feed list but also a html script allowing me to add it to my Blog page.

Feedster is a RSS search site where you can find feeds of a topic you are interested in and create what they call a Widget, when you have created your Widget, it gives you a html script you can include on your blog giving regular updates. But it also works just like the blogline searcher where you can find feeds and add your chosen feed to your blogline feed.

No comments: